Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Enchanted

[Released 11/21/2007, Rated PG]

Adam's Rating: ***1/2
Brandon's Rating:9/10

Adam's Review:

Cute and sometimes funny with a well develope, though not totally compelling plot. The mixture of animation and live action is amazing, interesting, and sometimes hilarious.

I was distracted or tired or something while I watched it, so my 3 1/2 star rating may not be fair.

Reccomendation - Well worth a rental, but better on the big screen.

Brandon's Review:

When I saw the movie trailer for this film I thought that it looked cute, but that I couldn't handle anymore cute than what I saw in the trailer. I was pleasantly surprised, when I saw the movie it had me laughing or chuckling for the majority of the scenes.
What I really liked about this film is that it wasn't a movie that made fun of fairy tales. It was a fairy tale movie that made fun of itself. The songs were actually very catchy and fun, I found myself humming or singing some of the songs days afterwards. It was very lighthearted and fun, and even though it spoofed a lot of the elements in a fairy tale, it is very much a fairy tale of it's own that focuses on the importance of love, hope, and staying true to yourself.

Reccomendation - highly recommended, even if cutesy isn't your thing, you might want to give it a shot.

$$$ worth: I own the dvd, a good $20 investment

No comments: